Terms & Conditions of Trading
All sales made by us are subject to these standard terms & conditions, except where agreed otherwise in writing. We do endeavour to offer the best possible service, so if you have a problem with a product or our service, please contact us immediately so that we can try to rectify it as soon as possible!
DEFINITIONS: “Our” and “Us” refers to the seller (vendor) whose trading style appears on your order and invoice. “You”, “Your” and “Purchaser” refers to the original company, organisation or individual who purchases goods and/or services directly from us. “Reseller” refers to any person or company who purchases items for resale onto a third party. “Consumer” refers to any person who is acting for purposes which are outside his trade, business or profession. “Contract” refers to an order to supply goods or services by us and an acceptance of our terms and conditions of trading by you.
YOUR RIGHTS : You and We are protected by statutory (legal) rights, according to the laws of England and Wales or any European Legislation which applies in England. Where statutory legislation exists, or new legislation comes into force, your and our statutory rights are not affected by anything within these terms, and those rights take precedence over these terms. Where any part of these terms is over-ridden by legislation, all other terms still apply. Any order placed with us is subject to acceptance.
1. PRICE : All prices quoted for our main products include carriage. Unless explicitly requested, method of carriage will be at our discretion. Your invoice or order will form the basis of your contract with us and the acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any costs omitted or corrections on your invoice or order will be invoiced/credited/charged later. You must notify us promptly if you are not billed the correct amount and we will correct the error. In the case of credit/debit card orders, should the full amount not be charged immediately, the balance is payable by you on demand. All advertised/advised/published pricing is subject to change at any time without notice due to market/currency fluctuations and other factors. When using the online ordering system if a price has risen, we will advise before proceeding with an order and offer you the option to either accept the increase or cancel the order. Archwood Greenhouses is not VAT registered. All quotations issued by us in writing for the supply of Goods and/or Services shall remain open for acceptance for the lesser of 30 days or such other period as may be stated in the written quotation.
2. ONLINE ORDERING : Where an order is placed online (though our web site or other electronic means) the order confirmations issued or the charging of your credit/debit card do not indicate or confirm acceptance of your order by us. An order has only been accepted by us once it has been verified by our order processing department. If there is any query or discrepancy, it will be checked before processing further or accepting the order. Where a technology failure or other error causes the online order to be submitted erroneously (i.e. contrary to our current pricing/policies) such orders shall not be binding. Any entitlement to special offers or other discount such as quantity discounts must also be stated at the time of ordering. Discounts are not applied retrospectively, so please be sure to check your order.
3. PAYMENT : We accept payment by cash, cheque, postal order, banker’s draft, BACS (Account 35410060, Sort Code 30-80-55) and most credit/debit cards. Credit card transactions may sometimes be subject to a handling fee, but you will be notified of this before any such charge is made or an order fulfilled. Payments made by card online through our website are made at the moment of ordering. For payments made over the telephone by card, the card is drawn on just prior to the despatch of the order. Official orders from government/educational and other official bodies are welcome, subject to acceptance. If a credit facility is offered, payment must reach us within 30 days of invoice (except where agreed otherwise in writing). We do not store credit card details, neither do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
4. TITLE : All goods remain our property until such a time as they have been paid for in full, as per all invoices issued by us for those goods. Goods supplied may not be resold by you until they have been paid for in full, unless the new purchaser is made aware that title remains with us until we have been paid in full. Until title passes to the Purchaser all Products shall be held by the Purchaser as bailee of the Seller and shall be stored separately from any other goods and identified as the property of the Seller.
5. RIGHT TO REPOSSESS : In the event of non-payment or the appointment of a Receiver or Administrator over the whole or part of the Purchaser’s assets the Seller may remove the Products. Where the Products are installed by the Seller a charge will be made by the Seller for the amount of the installation/removal costs involved. The Purchaser agrees that in the event of the Seller requiring the repossession of the product the Seller will not be responsible for the re-instatement of the land cleared or levelled back to its original condition.
6. DELIVERY : No delivery times are guaranteed. Where a premium service is requested (e.g. AM delivery or Saturday) our liability extends only to a refund of the premium should the delivery not be attempted during the time requested. Same-day dispatch is subject to the order being received earlier than that working day’s ‘cut off’ time but this may vary with workload or due to subcontractor/staff issues or around holiday periods. “Working day” is considered to be Monday to Friday, excluding holidays or any other day on which we or our workshop are closed. Deliveries may be made any time between 8am and 6pm. Our standard delivery service covers most parts of mainland UK. We endeavour to delivery within 28 days of the invoice/order date. If a specific timescale is required, please contact us in advance of ordering. We can usually oblige.
It is essential that someone will be at the delivery address to receive and sign for the goods. Otherwise, if we are instructed to ‘leave the package’ at the delivery address or any place requested by the signatory, then the liability for loss, theft, damage and vandalism passes to the purchaser. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility to ensure that the goods can be delivered to the purchaser’s address. Goods left on the roadside are done so at the purchaser’s own risk and liability.
It is vital that you provide the correct address, in as much detail as possible, including a complete postcode. If the address or postcode you give is incorrect or you request a re-routing from the original destination (via us or directly to the courier), you will be charged for the re-routing costs at our standard carriage rates. All sizes are approximate and it remains the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure products will fit into the delivery address prior to order.
All orders for delivery to addresses within mainland GB are delivered free of charge excluding the following:
i) Postcodes – AB (33-38,43-45,52-56), FK, HS (1-9), IM, IV (1-28, 30-32,36,40-49,51-56, 55-56,63), KA (27-28), KW (1-3,5-14,15-17), PA (20-38,41-49,60-78,80), PH (15-26,30-41, 49-50), TR, ZE.
ii) Regions – Grampians, Highlands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Dublin and Eire.
7. TRANSIT/ DELIVERY DAMAGE : The purchaser should only accept delivery of the product after inspecting the goods for damage. Any product accepted without inspection should be signed for as such. Any damage to packaging or product should be noted on the delivery document. Once the delivery has been signed for in good condition neither the seller, nor any 3rd party Carrier will be liable for any damage, or any costs incurred (including the cost of re-delivery) in rectifying any damage identified once the delivery has been signed for in good condition. The purchaser should notify the seller immediately of any damage.
8. RETURNS & REFUNDS : Before goods can be returned, whether for repair, replacement, refund, or for any other reason, in order to ensure smooth and prompt handling, we must issue a RETURNS AUTHORISATION in order that we can track it accurately. Your carriage costs/charges are not refundable and you should use a suitably packed/insured/traceable carriage method. Items should be returned within seven (7) days of authorisation. Where the original purchase had the delivery charge waived (‘Free Delivery’ or ‘Delivery Charge Included’), you may be charged the delivery cost originally waived. If we are asked to arrange for the return of the item, then there will be a ‘returned delivery’ charge to pay. Where a return is agreed, we may charge a restocking fee. In the case of mis-shipped products, you should advise us within 48 hours of receipt. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of receipt of goods and after inspection for damage has taken place. The Seller may withhold all or part of any refund if items are damaged or altered in any way. Items can only be returned if they have not been used or assembled.
9. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL : Consumers ordering by email/web/phone/fax/post may cancel an order which is unwanted within seven days of receipt only in accordance with their statutory rights. Collection/delivery charges may be made by us and you must retain all goods complete, in their original condition and having taken reasonable care of them. See also section 8 above. Once work has started on a ‘Bespoke’ or ‘Custom Made’ product or services if you cancel the contract a portion of the already paid amount or a portion of the amount to be invoiced will be levied to cover the cost of work so far carried out. In the case of standard products, once they have left our business premises and are on route for delivery the order cannot be cancelled. In order to cancel an order, you must ensure that we receive your cancellation notice in writing prior to the goods leaving us. In order to avoid any misunderstanding or unnecessary cost, you are strongly advised to check with us before cancelling your order. Please also ensure that we issue a returns authorisation before you send any goods back so that we can track/handle the return promptly and efficiently. When returning goods, it is advisable to use some suitably traceable/insured method.
10. WARRANTIES & SUPPORT : All new goods sold by us are covered by a ‘return to base’ (RTB) warranty of 12 months to the original purchaser, or as required by applicable law. Used products (including refurbished, second-hand and ex-demo products) will have a warranty of 90 days, except where otherwise specified. Examine the specific product’s warranty for details of what type of faults or breakdowns are covered. For any warranty claim, you must have your original invoice or order and be able to show the product’s serial number if it has one. Any extended warranty offered by a manufacturer beyond the 12 months does not form part of your contract with us, though we may offer to handle it on the manufacturer’s behalf. Do not attempt to repair, modify or open any product unless specifically advised by us to do so as this may invalidate the warranty. You need your proof of purchase (invoice/order) for all support/warranty issues. The warranty runs from the original invoice/order date onwards. If a fault does develop or is found, this must be notified to us promptly. We endeavour to provide technical support and online facilities to assist/enhance your usage of the products purchased from us, however such supply/provision is provided as a courtesy only and not included in your contract with us and may be withdrawn or refused at any time.
11. GOODS SUITABILITY : It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct goods and correct model are ordered for your purposes. In some circumstances, the capability we specify/advertise of the product may not match that of the manufacturer’s or other vendor’s published specifications elsewhere, often due to international variations. Please therefore refer to our published specification on our own web site, and not those elsewhere. This may also apply to specifications listed within any packaging and user guide/manuals supplied which may not apply to your particular product, either due to product development, varying models, specification change or local variations. We cannot guarantee that the product will continue to work correctly during your ownership if it is not assembled in accordance with assembly instructions or if it has been altered by you or a third party, such as another supplier. Bespoke and Custom Made products are made to order, once payment is taken and work started it may not be possible to make any changes to the order or to cancel it. Unless otherwise stated it is the responsibility of the Buyer to assemble products where assembly is required. All sizes are approximate and it remains the responsibility of the Buyer to ensure products will fit into the delivery address prior to order.
12. STATEMENTS AND ADVICE :. If statements or advice, technical or otherwise, are offered or given to the purchaser, such statements or advice shall be deemed to be given as an accommodation to purchaser and without charge and the seller shall have no responsibility or liability for the content or use of such statements or advice.
13. WEBSITE AND INFORMATION : Any typographical, administrative or other error; in relation to any literature pertaining to a product, any quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller. All the information on our website is given in good faith and subject to change without notice. By using our website you confirm that you have read and agreed to all terms and conditions as laid out in this section. The Seller may at its discretion add, vary or withdraw products listed in its catalogue, price list, advertisements or any other literature, at any time without notice. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the details, descriptive information etc. in the Seller’s catalogue are accurate at the date of publication.
14. THE PRODUCTS : The quantity and description of the Products shall be as set out in the Seller’s order confirmation. The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification. Photographs are for illustrative purpose only and may not exactly match the product itself. Measurements on all products are approximate and some variation may occur, particularly on hand made and rustic products. Please contact us if you require further information. Please be aware that all wood products have variants of colour and texture and we therefore cannot guarantee exact colour matches. Colour variation can also occur due to the different properties of computer display equipment being used to view the product.
15. PRESSURE TREATED WOOD: Mould growth can and does occur on the surface of many products, including treated or untreated wood during prolonged surface exposure to excessive moisture conditions. At the time of arrival of the order all packaging material should be removed immediately, the goods unpacked and the wood allowed to dry. To remove mould from treated wood surfaces, typically, mild soap and water can be used to remove surface mould.
16. FSC SOURCED TIMBER: We purchase our timber from a FSC suppliers. We are not FSC registered ourselves.
Standard Products: Individual parts weigh from 0.1Kg up to 30kg. Parcels – each parcel will weigh 30kg or less. Pallets – each single item on the pallet will weigh 30kg or less. Combined weight will not exceed 1250kg unless informed in writing beforehand.
Bespoke products & Large products: These may and often do contain components and parts that by themselves exceed 30kg.
18. PRIVACY : When placing an order, we require various personal details from you. It is important that you supply all details requested in order that we can validate orders efficiently. You can be assured that we treat your personal details, including email address and telephone numbers in confidence. We do not disclose such details to any third party or otherwise use them, except in connection with expediting/processing your order. We do not send out unsolicited emails (‘spam’) and your email address will not be added to any general mailing lists (unless requested). We will not use details of your purchases in our marketing/publicity materials or any other promotion without your consent. For orders placed online via our website your credit/debit card details are not stored or retained on the web server. For orders placed via the telephone your credit/debit card details are not stored or retained longer than it takes to process card payment details. These policies exclude any disclosure which we are required by law to make, crime prevention, legal action or any issues relating to product safety. If ultimately we are unable to satisfy ourselves of the validity or other aspects of an order, we may not accept it.
BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS UNLESS AGREED OTHERWISE BY US IN WRITING. ALL STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLY AS PER THE STATUTE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN UNION WHERE APPLICABLE. YOU SHOULD KEEP A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADING