All the wood we use is FSC sourced, that means:
The FSC system allows businesses and consumers to identify, purchase and use wood, paper and other forest products made with materials from well-managed forests and/or recycled sources.Forest Stewardship Council UK (FSC-UK) 2020
To make wood last outside for years, it needs to be treated.
Our wood has been Pressure Treated with TANALISED E.
BBC Gardeners World Magazine (Jan 2012) recommends ‘choosing’ Tanalith E Pressure Treated Timber in garden raised vegetable beds used for vegetable growing.
TANALISED E pressure treated timber has been impregnated with TANALITH E, a waterborne product based on copper triazole technology. Copper is derived from recycled sources and triazoles are organic biodegradable biocides, commonly used to protect many of the food crops we eat. TANALISED E pressure treated timber is usually specified for both in and out of ground contact applications where there is a medium to high risk of decay or insect attack.
- An established and proven alternative to traditional chromated/copper/arsenate (CCA) treated timber.
- Effective long-term protection against fungal and insect attack.
- Proven performance, widely used and accepted worldwide.
- Appealing natural brown colour with excellent colour durability, blending perfectly with nature.
- Impregnated using vacuum pressure technology.
- Conforms to new European Standards and individual countries’ national requirements.
- Ideal for general construction, fencing, garden and leisure timber applications.
Please Contact Us if you have questions or additional needs after viewing this product information.