HASP & STAPLE attached to either end of a front board prevent the top front board from being slid out when a pad lock is attached. This in turn prevents any of the other boards from sliding out. This is particularly important when the compost bin is located in a less than secure environment. The pad lock is not included within the price. All of our compost bins include a restraining bar that rests on top of the compost bin towards the front. By using Hasp & Staples the front board is held firmly in place and the restraining bar need not then be used
Hasp & Staple (pad lock not included)
Hasp & Staple (removable lynch pin not included) Hasp & Staple fastening a lid closed
(Scroll down for available sizes and prices)
SEVEN COMPOSTING RULES – SOUNDS EASY!
Composting can be considered as little more than waste material management. However, the finished product can have huge benefits for the environment. Good quality compost is produced by following seven simple rules. Consider compost making in terms of following a recipe for making a cake. The better the rules are adhered to the better the cake.
Composting will happen of its own accord without any intervention. Visit any wood and various stages of the biological process will be on view. These range from un-composted leaves,semi-rotted material to dark rich crumbly damp soil. The end result of the composting process.
The 7 RULES:
1) Start with ‘green’ waste (material high in nitrogen such as grass, animal manure, green leave weeds etc.)
2) Add ‘brown’ waste (material high in carbon such as shrub prunings, a few brown leaves, straw, crunched up paper, straw etc.
3) shred/chip and mix the greens with the browns
4) Add micro-organisms to speed up the process such as Garotta or Biotal for example
5) Insulate and protect the heat produced by the composting process
6) Control the moisture content and add water if necessary
7) Maintain air flow as necessary, too much and the material dries out. Too little and its stays wet and soggy for too long.
Delivery Details – Other Products:
Products on this page have the delivery charge ‘waived’ when purchased with a ‘Main Product’. Please see our ‘Delivery’ information page. Please allow 3 – 10 days for delivery..