COMPOST SYSTEMS consist of a Compost Bin with Lids, aerating-Bases and Garotta. We are offering a complete Compost System at a price less than if all the items were individually bought. e.g. Compost Systems 6ft ( 1.8m) x 3ft (0.9m) x 3ft(0.9m) (54cu.ft-1.46cu.m-1500lts) Double Close-boarded with 2 green felted Lids, 2 aerating-Bases and 1 box of 3kg Garotta £356.25 Normal price £374.75
Single Close Boarded Compost System
- Natural composting temperatures can reach in excess of 65°C
- Fresh material reduced by up to 65% in 7 days*
- Compost ready in as little as 21 days**
- Benefits rule 4,5, 6 & 7 of the 7 composting rules (click here)
Double Compost System Triple Close Boarded Compost System
Triple Slatted Compost System
(Scroll down for available sizes and prices)
* **Grass Recipe: Day1 Start with one 27 cu.ft (0.73 cu.m) Compost Bin with Lid, aerating-Base, Biotal for Grass, Compost Aerator, moisture meter, thermometer and Insulation. Fill the Compost Bin entirely with green grass. Add 10ml of Biotal for grass to a 10ltr watering can and water in. Cover the contents with the insulating material. Aerate and mix the contents with the Compost Aerator daily for 1 minute.
Within 36 hours the contents will have heated up to as much as 70°C (158°F) and remain at that temperature for a consecutive 7 days. The temperature will slowly cool down over the next 14 days returning to the ambient outside air temperature. The contents will decrease by as much as 75% by volume within 21 days. Moisture content will go from dry, to moist to wet before returning back to dry. After 21 days the green grass will look brown and crumbly and is ready to be used on the garden or allowed to further compost down in the compost bin. Leave it long enough and there will be nothing left!
Delivery Details – Main Products:
Prices on this page include carriage on mainland England, Wales and most parts of Scotland. Please allow 1 – 28 days for delivery.